Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What is the purpose of filing a company or close corporation annual return?

What is the purpose of filing a company or close corporation annual return? 9 years 4 months ago #4278

• Stanley
  • MSB Junior Member
All companies (including external companies) and close corporations are required by law to file their annual returns with the CIPC on an annual basis, within a prescribed time period.

The purpose for the filing of such annual returns is to confirm whether a company or close corporation is still in business/trading, or if it will be in business in the near future.

Therefore, if annual returns are not filed within the prescribed time period, the assumption is that the company or close corporation is inactive, and as such CIPC will start the deregistration process to remove the company or close corporation from its active records. The legal effect of the deregistration process, is that the juristic personality is withdrawn and the company or close corporation ceases to exist.

If you haven't done so yet, i can assist by checking the outstanding returns with CIPC, and let you know about the outstanding amount.
I will submit all your outstanding returns for the price of R250, excluding the amount you owe to CIPC (CIPRO).

My Cell No. 076 357 3235
Tel: 011 038 2109
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is the purpose of filing a company or close corporation annual return? 9 years 4 months ago #4279

Stanley

I fully agree with you, I also register companies and deal with the CIPC on a daily basis. In the past I have realized that very few people know about submitting their annual returns with CIPC and then after a few years they either sit with an large outstanding amount or their companies are being deregister.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stanley

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds