Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Web Design & CPA

Web Design & CPA 11 years 11 months ago #2602

• Sven Dextro
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi guys

I have a question with regards to a problem client who is threatening me with the Consumer Protection Act.

I have completed a MASSIVE content driven website, but now they keep adding on sections and making changes left right and center to the original scope and contract that they signed months ago. The website specs were easy to understand, yet now they are threatening me with CPA as they suddenly didnt understand exactly what they were getting.

They refuse to pay for the extra time, work & effort the new and additional work they want - this is beyond what has been delivered and what they signed up for.

How do I respond?

Thanx in advance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Web Design & CPA 11 years 11 months ago #2607

• Bandit
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi Sven

1. Is the client an individual or a juristic person? If they are a juristic person, is their asset value or annual turnover in excess of R2 million?

2. What does your contract provide for in respect of changes to the scope of work?

3. What provisions of the CPA are they specifically relying on in their allegations?

4. If you have delivered in terms of your contract you should consider your own claims for payment as against your client.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds