Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Let's Build Your Marketing Strategy; Right Here ... Right NOW!

Re: Let's Build Your Marketing Strategy; Right Here ... Right NOW! 11 years 4 months ago #3175

• Brits
Hi Jade, I am really interested to have you assit me with marketing. I run a SOHO and focus on telecoms for other small, medium businesses. My website will give you an insight to the business and any assistance will be welcomed and appreciated. see: www.pabx-south-africa.co.za
Your invitation is a great way of marketing your own services and I am quite Intrigued - pls forgive my spelling !
regards
Britsy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Let's Build Your Marketing Strategy; Right Here ... Right NOW! 11 years 3 months ago #3260

• Chike
  • MSB Junior Member
Interesting topic Jade, i currently run a company trading as Mustbuy.co.za, we sell our products via our store and online.

Recently we secured agreements with two major universities to exhibit and showcase our products and services during various events, we did exhibit at one of the events recently and it was a huge success, we managed to secure alot of subscribers, now we need to start generating sales from this schools. We do have alot of students who buy from our physical store but i want to take it to the next level.

I have come up with some ideas to reach out effectively to students, lecturers etc but will also like to hear from you Jade B)
www.mustbuy.co.za is an online store housing thousands of products from various brands. A one stop shop for all your needs!

Re: Let's Build Your Marketing Strategy; Right Here ... Right NOW! 11 years 3 months ago #3282

• Jade Otten
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Alfred,

Thank you for your enquiry. Right, to build a relationship with your direct target audience (ideally small to medium-sized businesses) I would need to know what sets your business apart from all the other accounting software companies out there. Your website is really great, with lots of information, but as a consumer I would want to know why your company is the best for my business (what sets you apart from the rest) and what value add I would get if I went ahead with you today?

Those 2 points should be highly visible and prevalent on your site throughout. Remember that people don't like to read, so if you have any visual media then that would be great.

In the wise words of Jay Conrad Levinson of best-selling book: Guerilla Marketing (a MUST read and I highly recommend it) he says that we need to clearly breakdown our entire business offering into a single sentence?

Sound impossible? I promise you its not. The sentence should go something like this: We are a Software distributing company offering small to medium sized retail companies the platform to build lasting relationships with their customers through our software solutions.

Once you have your clear mission statement, you immediately see who you should be marketing to, and what your clients want.

In this case, retail companies, and what do they want? They want to build relationships with their clients. Now we need to package a solution at an entry level to get the masses to 'try out' your software on a trial basis. This trial should only be for a few days (like 7 to 14 days) and your sales team should do a follow-up call at the end of the trial to close the deal.

Another great strategy by the awesome Anthony Robbins (international business and mindset guru) says that we should prepare for the no; and then conquer it! So instead of having your sales reps phone in fear that the customer will say no immediately, pre-empt the possible 'no's' and 'we can't afford it now' scenario's, and then have a prepared answer and solution for all possible excuses, ensuring an almost 100% success rate.

Then, once the deal is closed, I would strongly suggest your very own customer relationship where a welcome pack of sorts along with the software is hand delivered to the clients premises in a lovely welcome pack. If there is training, make sure that your trainer is people friendly, excited about the software and be sure to get him or her to show neat little tricks that the software can do. And the trainer should have his own business cards with private mobile number so that if the client runs into any problems he can call this trainer immediately to assist with any questions or problems.

Remember that once the sale is done, that certainly doesn't mean you leave the client alone. Hose a quarter annual training seminar for all your clients using your software - allowing you to illustrate all the latest developments and! Drum-roll please!!! Up sell opportunities (such as upgrades etc).

Finally, most clients prefer to have a service or product that they can pay for on a monthly basis. Why? This keeps them in control (you won't disappear), technical support, training and additional benefits such as license renewals etc which are all pertinent factors that business owners want when integrating new accounting and CRM software (which is the life blood of any company) - and your logo and website colors certainly allow for future advertising campaigns in this line (life-blood of your business).

There are so many ideas, but most importantly, I highly recommend you get your hands onto the book: Guerilla Marketing by Jay Conrad Levinson for all sorts of exciting ideas.

Hope that helps! If you have any questions or would like to discuss this in a private consultation via skype (R300 per 60min session) please add me on skype: jade.delphine.otten and I will be happy to discuss these and more ideas with you.

Until next time, Happy Marketing!

Re: Let's Build Your Marketing Strategy; Right Here ... Right NOW! 11 years 3 months ago #3284

• Jade Otten
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Shimal,
Great to hear from you and thank you for the enquiry. I had a look at your website - very nice, and I can see where you want your company to get to in the future, but at a glance I couldn't really establish your core business. After a bit of research I could see that you offer gaming, PC-builds and Windows software (correct me if I'm wrong).
But what sets you apart from your competition? Why should people by from you instead of direct from a Windows, Mac or a gaming store? This is the crucial element that needs to be clearly established when people log onto your website or else they will only see you as a middle man (sorry for being so blunt, I am really just trying to help :)
As I mentioned to Alfred earlier, we to make your business mission as clear and transparent as possible - and all in one sentence. Perhaps something like this: TGNN is a gaming and software company sourcing the latest solutions at the best price, delivered to your door.
Just by reading that sentence I can see that we are still far from the finish line, we still don't know exactly what you do. Let's try again; TGNN provides gamers and PC enthusiast's the latest games and hardware to boost performance and enjoyment. Close but no cigar. Hmmm; TGNN - PC Performance and Gaming for the ultimate enthusiasts! Home-run!

And your company's objective? To offer gaming enthusiasts the latest games, software and hardware ensuring that they have a thoroughly enjoyable gaming experience. Now we know who you are selling to, what they want (the very best) and why (because they want the ultimate gaming experience - and TGNN is the company!
Now we need to translate this message onto your website.

Remember, keep it simple. No long paragraphs or fluff, just clean, crisp simplicity. Your website layout is fantastic, but I would strongly suggest that the logo TGNN be re-hashed to epitomize our mission. Think targets, missions, aiming, gaming, electricity, performance when looking at your logo again (if you want).

Then, once your logo is up along with its tag-line, we need to separate the games from hardware and software. My suggestion would be to have these 3 buttons / pages visible immediately on the home page (news and forums and blogs can almost all fall under one tab with dropdowns for now - once we have a bigger audience we can most certainly expand the forums again).
Now; think 'Sales'. We need one product per category (1 game, 1 item of Hardware and 1 Software solution), we need to list the price and we need a value add.

The Price:
1. Make sure you are cheaper than most other re-sellers (a good idea would be to make a list of your direct competition and to find out what they are selling their products for to ensure you are cheaper)
2. If you don't want to go the 'we are the cheapest' route, be sure to offer a value add (some sort of free download - something that your clients (the esteemed and highly sophisticated gaming enthusiast) would go 'gaga' about (I am assuming you are a gaming enthusiast so perhaps think of something you would really like or something that you found on the internet for free that really made your gaming experience all the more enthralling.
3. Tandem marketing; tandem marketing is partnering up with a company that sells to the same audience as you (i.e: a coffee grinder company would tandem up with a company selling coffee beans for grinding). That aside, I suggest you look at getting this partnered company to offer something cool on a trial basis (allowing them to market their product and your clients get the value add)

Once you have the products with their associated value adds, I would put it all together in an e-mail and e-mail it to gaming enthusiasts. I would also go to a gaming book store and ask the shop attendants if you could put your fliers on your latest specials on their counters or better - inside the magazines (if possible).
More ideas off the top of my head would include giving gaming and software reviews (download some software that records your mouse movements and voice-over) and then give your regarded opinion about the game on your site. This is a fantastic way to build an audience as well (forcing your audience to look at you as an expert and then if you say something is cool - then most certainly your audience will listen and ultimately buy from you.
I hope that gives you a little bit of inspiration, but please let me know your thoughts or if you have any questions as I would be happy to hear from you.
Until next time, Happy Marketing :)

Re: Let's Build Your Marketing Strategy; Right Here ... Right NOW! 11 years 2 months ago #3332

the strategy that we are been doing in our website is by using the social sites. we often use facebook, twitter, google+, linkedin. they are really a very good tools to promote your website. actually we published in our blog an article regarding social media. Using Social Media to Increase your Website Traffic >> bit.ly/TTaWxw
Imagination is More Important then Knowledge
Web Design and Development | Web Marketing | SEO SEM SMO strategist. Create create, design design...

Let's Build Your Marketing Strategy; Right Here ... Right NOW! 10 years 10 months ago #3610

Small businesses in SA are far behind when it comes to online marketing of their businesses. I think the main reason is affordability.

Small businesses don't take the financial 'risk' to test the waters although the ROI is always excellent if a good marketing company is used.

There are also a few good free advertising companies around in SA (www.booom.co.za). It would be good to start there, get a few clients and then reinvest in more expensive marketing methods such as SEO, etc.
  • Page:

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds