Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Kruger Park FREE App: Please review!

New Kruger Park FREE App: Please review! 11 years 4 months ago #3272

• Rob Maclean
  • MSB Junior Member
Hello All,

We've recently launched our new phone app- Kruger:LIVE. It helps you find and share animal sightings with others when you are in Kruger on a live game sightings map.

The sightings are published at www.krugerlive.com for anyone in the world to see, creating a great showcase for Kruger and South Africa.

It's gone quite well - several thousand downloads and the map is getting over 2 thousand hits a day. But the first version (we're not now on version 4!) had many bugs which led to some negative reviews on the AppStore, although we think most of these may be from the competition which is a bit nasty.

So, we'd love it if any MSB Forum users would download (links for Apple / Android available at www.krugerlive.com) our FREE app, provide any feedback and rate it on the AppStore. This would REALLY help us get a good AppStore ranking which makes all the difference.

Rob
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Rob Maclean. Reason: Typos
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Kruger Park FREE App: Please review! 11 years 4 months ago #3276

• athollt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Rob

Love the concept, the last 2/3 times I went to the Kruger I looked for an app like this and wasn't able to find something that worked. I've downloaded it and will take a look. Two questions:
1) Why did you limit it to the Kruger - what about Pilanesburg?
2) Is this a business or a hobby for you - I considered doing this app a while back but couldn't come up with a viable business model.

Regards
Atholl
Get your customers to tell all their friends about your business www.ledula.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Maclean

Re: New Kruger Park FREE App: Please review! 11 years 4 months ago #3277

• Rob Maclean
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi Atholl,

Thanks for your post. I hope it'll become a business. The idea is to charge a small fee for the app once it's well enough known, with lots of users / sightings etc. We may have a basic (free) and premium version with extensive reference material - effectively a field guide as well. As you know, the paper version of these guides can cost a couple hundred bucks. The other commercial angle is to charge lodges / reserves etc. to be on www.krugerlive.com map. Good showcase for them and several already approached us. Maybe even enable travel bookings through the site...

Pilanesberg / others coming soon, assuming we can make the above work! Wanted to crack the biggest one first!

Thanks again,

Rob

Re: New Kruger Park FREE App: Please review! 11 years 3 months ago #3325

• athollt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I hope it works out, I'll definitely use it the next time I'm in the game reserve.
Get your customers to tell all their friends about your business www.ledula.com

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds