Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Advice and fears

Advice and fears 13 years 1 month ago #856

• Richard
  • Junior Boarder
  • The Masterclass Show For New Entrepreneurs Startin
Trust you are all well B)

I'm busy drawing up a report and in search of some ideas/inspiration.

I would appreciate it if you could share a moment when you started your business when you received some bad advice about it or maybe about one of your fears when you began?

What was your most pressing concern back then? What did you need to learn the most?

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Have a great day further!
Richard.
Richard Soderblom
Don't sell your product. Market your product!
http://www.facebook.com/internetbusinesshelp
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Advice and fears 13 years 1 month ago #858

• Lohan Grobler
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
When I began my business, my greatest fear was paying my bills... That fear never went away. The more work I do and the more money I earn the more I spend and the more bills I receive at the end of the month.
(Evil cycle! LOL!)

I guess your problems never go away... the difference is you learn how to handle them better.

I started off 29 months ago. Some months were amazing with lots of jobs coming in and the money was great! Then other months I had no work and struggled to pay the bills. I now realize that I needed to get a balance and when I do good in one month I should work sparingly so that the bad months aren't so bad.

It's like Robert Kiyosaki said "Prepare for the bad times and you will only know good times"

Just start your business and you will learn to manage whatever you need to manage... just never give up.

Hope this helped... :)
Lohan Grobler
Proud Creations
www.proudcreations.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard

Re: Advice and fears 13 years 1 month ago #859

• Richard
  • Junior Boarder

That is some great advice!

Never give up :)
Richard Soderblom

Re: Advice and fears 13 years 1 month ago #874

Well for me (besides the never-ending cash flow issues) My problems are admin!
I was kind of thrown into the business when my Father passed away almost three years ago. I’ve had to learn as I go… My true skills are in design and organisation in the running of production. But I had absolutely no knowledge of the whole admin side.
Bookkeeping, VAT ,PAYE Workman’s comp and all those wonderful thing, were completely foreign to me. Still are if I’m completely honest!
These are all things that take up an awful lot of my time that I would rather be spending on new designs and ideas. Silly things like what are the rules when hiring some one part time or what does the new consumer act mean! And don’t get me started on Health and Safety. I’ve literally spent hours on the government labour site and come out more confused than when I first clicked on the link.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard

Re: Advice and fears 13 years 1 month ago #875

• Richard
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks for sharing Marie-Louise.

Its been a long time since we chatted!

I think most of us get confused with most things governmental related :silly:
Richard Soderblom

Re: Advice and fears 12 years 11 months ago #1038

• Danny Eidson
  • MSB Junior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Never give up is a sure thing to have

but you should add always watch long and short terms benefits and problems every day and every step of the way

Re: Advice and fears 12 years 11 months ago #1072

Hi

In dealing with young start ups in business I identified aspects that needs to be considered. Ironicly it is all F-related. You started with fears. The other aspects are Finance, Family, Failures, Frustrations and putting the Fundamentals in place. But untimately you need to be having FUN in doing what you have a passion for.

These are just the beginning phases and we can explore these more to match your situation to the aspects above, because each situation is different.

If you want to explore this any further then I will be happy to assist you along the way.

Regards
Trevor

Re: Advice and fears 12 years 5 months ago #2042

• Carmel
  • MSB Junior Member
Hi there Trevor

I am planning to start a vending machine business in Pretoria and need some advice .I have done my business plan but need somene to check it for me ,at a reasonable price ,advise me and assist with making it a bankable bisiness plane .

Thanks

Elridge le Roux

Re: Advice and fears 12 years 1 week ago #2593

Fear of failure is a common distraction when starting a business. To overcome this, one of the best thing to do is to empower yourself with knowledge by doing careful research. The more you know about the ins and outs of your industry and the necessary processes of starting a business, the less overwhelming it becomes.
Make Your Own Business Cards Online with PrintPlace Business Cards: Video

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds